Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Undomestic Goddess

My soon-to-be groom doesn't pass up any opportunity to tell people that he is the "domesticated" one. Its true. He cooks, he cleans, he pretty much does it all. Then, there's me. I believe any chores are cause for singing the song from Cinderella "Cinderelli, Cinderelli, do the dishes do the laundry!" and sighing loudly to show my disdain for such unsavory things like dusting. Where are those birds and mice who clean and sew happily when I need them?

Nope, that's definitely not me. I prefer Trader Joe's pre-made meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner! They are so tasty and easy they are hard to pass up after a long day at work.

It's not like I can't cook. I am reminded all the time how much a certain someone loves it when I do cook. ( sorry!) He gives me all sorts of pep talks and makes me feel like I could really have a show-case showdown with the one and only Martha!

As sweet as he is, I usually don't cook because he comes home much later than me. I get home and have the early-bird special. By the time he finally rolls in, I am curled up almost ready for bed. He often eats at work, and this unfortunately is just the nature of his job. I really like to cook along side someone. That is usually what we do when we are home together. We really like trying new recipes and are usually making something for the very first time. Its pretty much a guarantee that when we are following a recipe we will discover at least one item that we don't have in our kitchen that would make it a whole lot easier. Take this mixer for example:




wouldn't it make cookies and cupcakes taste so much better? I think so!


or what about this waffle maker?


No more toaster waffles for this couple!

We are also in need of more practical items like Tupperware and silverware. We are still rockin' some silverware from Target, that has its name printed on one side of all the butter knives! I love target, but I don't need to be reminded of it while I eat! tacky!

Also, it might be nice to finally have some matching wine glasses that we didn't acquire while wine tasting.

Lastly, when I am trying to boil water, it may be a good idea to have a lid that actually fits the pot. (who knew?)

No comments: